Over the past year, we’ve emphasized:
- Our mission: To glorify God as we make, mature and mobilize disciples by loving Jesus and loving like Jesus in the world.
- Our values: worship, care, share, grow and serve, as set out in Acts 2:42 -47
- Our seven initiatives:
- New worship opportunities (worship)
- Missional communities (Grow/serve)
- Serving initiative (Serve)
- Christ Church Global (Share)
- The Mosaic ministry (Care)
- The family matters initiative (grow)
- Discipleship training and leadership development (Grow)
We cannot do everything, but we are called to do what we can passionately and with excellence. Though we can’t do everything, if we’re faithful in doing something, anything becomes possible in Christ.
Three things we must do to change our world
Christ Church is at the geographic center of the metro Memphis area. We must look around 360 degrees.
- Step out into the courtyard of our church’s existence and ask: is this who we are? Seek the mind of Christ.
- Ask the question: How do we meet the challenge to which God has called us. Don’t forget to look to the horizons of the places God is sending us! The Body of Christ is the hope of our city & the world. Story of our congregation is only as strong as the chapter we’re willing to write.
- Run boldly to meet God. Like David meeting the giant Goliath with a slingshot, run to the challenges.
Shane reminded us to always be watching for God’s next move.