In response to the damages in the Bahamas due to Hurricane Dorian’s deadly assault, Christ Church is supporting the work of Samaritan’s Purse. This ministry is providing a temporary hospital in the area. Click here to watch a video and learn more about the work Samaritan’s Purse is doing in the aftermath of Hurricane Dorian.
Another main and ongoing response to disaster relief is through the work of our denominational relief agency, the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR). Keep reading for ways you can pray, give and go.
- -Pray for the families that have been affected by the storm, including those that have lost property and family members.
- -Pray for the leadership and their preparation for a response.
- -Pray for all agencies, both Christian and government, that will respond to those in crisis over the next few weeks.
- -Pray for the local churches in these areas as they shepherd and lead their congregations through this season.
- -Pray for the teams that are already on the ground serving in response to the storm.
Give directly online via Pushpay: Select “Disaster Relief” in the drop-down menu. You may also write a check to the church with “Disaster Relief” noted in the memo line of your check. All financial donations to Christ Church that are marked “Disaster Relief” will be sent directly to the organization to help disaster relief efforts. Thank you for your generosity.
While we currently do not have a trip planned to respond to the storm, we are seeking out those who would be interested in participating or leading a team to respond. If you have any interest in responding short-term to the needs caused by the storm, complete this form.
If you have questions about Christ Church’s Disaster Relief and Crisis Response efforts, contact Stephanie Powell, Director of Global Missions and Crisis Response, (901) 683-3521.