As our thoughts turn toward the city of our Savior’s birth during the Christmas season, many Christians dream of visiting the “little town of Bethlehem.” There is an opportunity to do just that in 2016, and to also learn about the complex issues involved in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.
As a follow-up to Rev. Alex Awad’s recent visit in which he and his wife Brenda gave an eye-opening and informative presentation about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict as part of the Serving & Outreach Equipping Series, they along with Bethlehem Bible College have invited Christ Church to join them at the 2016 Christ at the Checkpoint Conference. Time at the conference will be combined with three to four days of touring the Holy Land.
The conference will attempt to answer the question, “What would Jesus do today if He stood at the checkpoint that separates Israel and Palestine?” The dividing wall often separates family members from one another and workers from their jobs. You will join some 600 other people from around the world as we all wrestle with this important question. The Bethlehem/Holy Land tour will be led by Rev. Awad, who is the founder of Bethlehem Bible College. Find out more about Rev. Awad.
“I want to commend all who have facilitated this conference. We in the World Evangelical Alliance believe this event is a direct response to Jesus’ call for us to be peacemakers and ambassadors of reconciliation.” –Dr. Geoff Tunnicliffe, 2014 Secretary General and CEO, World Evangelical Alliance
- March 6-16, 2016
- Must have valid USA Passport with no less than six months remaining and six blank pages
- Fly Memphis to Tel Aviv; travel by bus to Bethlehem
- Christ at the Checkpoint Conference for three days
- Holy Land tour for three to four days | Itinerary
- Hotel accommodations near the conference
- Rooms are double occupancy (single rooms subject to availability for an up-charge)
- Vaccinations (on your own) | CDC site
- Maximum of 10 spots available (first-come, first-served)
- Cost: $3,300 (includes standard economy airfare, on-ground transportation, lodging & meals) w/$300 deposit | Register
- Registration & deposit deadline: Nov. 30, 2015
- Questions? Contact our Serving & Outreach ministry, Bob Whitsitt, 901-261-4377.