You might have noticed new carpet in Seabrook Hall and scaffolding in the area where you usually get coffee. This is part of our Trustees’ ongoing plan to address deferred maintenance issues and some well-needed cosmetic updates in several areas.
The Sanctuary is next! Sunday, June 10, will be the last Sunday to worship in the Sanctuary until October. While final decisions are being made regarding the scope, repairs include:
- *new roofs,
- *addressing water damage,
- *plaster repaired,
- *new lighting installed,
- *fresh paint,
- *new air handlers for better air and heat control,
- *new slate flooring through entire Sanctuary and
- *refurbished pews with new upholstery.
Beginning on Sunday, June 17, worship services will move as follows:
- *8:30 service moves to Wilson Chapel
- *9:30-9:40 Communion in Wilson Chapel
- *11:00 Traditional service moves to Seabrook Hall (Due to space limitations in Wilson Chapel, which only seats 240 comfortably–so attendance at our 11:00 service makes it too large for Wilson Chapel)
We appreciate your prayers and patience as we acclimate to the changes this period of construction will bring. As with any project of this magnitude, there will be adjustments made along the way as needed.