1) Pre-Kindergarten education at Cornerstone Preparatory School – Lester Campus
2) Furnishings for The Carpenter Art Garden‘s new Purple House
3) Funding for SOS Builds, the new project of Service Over Self
These are the gifts that Christ Church has faithfully provided during our recent 2nd Mile: Binghampton campaign, through which the congregation was given the opportunity to support our affiliated partner ministries.
These organizations do some of the most important missional work that Christ Church is engaged in, and these gifts will help them accomplish their mission in coming alongside the community of Binghampton to improve the quality of life in the neighborhood.
In the worship services this past Sunday, June 15, checks were presented to representatives from these ministry partners reflecting the outcome of the fundraiser:
- $115,000 was presented to Cornerstone Prep, which fully funds their Pre-K program to continue.
- $28,218 was presented to The Carpenter Art Garden, which will help provide furniture, computers, lighting, etc. for the new indoor space at The Purple House.
- $18,040 was presented to SOS, which will help provide for a staff member to coordinate the after-school construction training program for Binghampton middle-schoolers known as SOS Builds.
These are sums of both designated contributions and general contributions to 2nd Mile: Binghampton, which were divided among the three ministries.
Please make sure you visit cumcmemphis.org/2ndmile to learn more about each of these ministries and be sure to stay tuned for updates regarding these exciting new projects!
And, to top it all off, from the international side of Christ Church’s engagement in the pressing needs in our world, we were presented with a plaque from our friends in Zambia as a thank-you gift for helping provide more than 20,000 of their people with clean water during Water is Life – Zambia.
Make sure you visit cumcmemphis.org/water to hear all about it–from how this vision was granted to the church, to the fact that we ended up beating our goal of building 25 wells, all the way to 33 wells!
Praise God, from whom all blessings flow. And thank you, Christ Church for being sacrificial in your giving as we love like Jesus in the world.